Guess what? It’s $100 room challenge again! July was my first time participating in this challenge and (even though I finished way-late) I’m so happy with how my laundry room turned out and that I kept the makeover budget to less than $100!
This month I plan to take on our guest room! Even though the room doesn’t get a lot of use, I’d love to give it a bit more personality. Since we moved in our guest room has pretty much always looked like this (except you know, I put sheets on the bed when we actually have a guest):
Last year my uncle came to say with us at Christmas so I gave the room a very small update by moving the bed and adding some plug-in wall sconces from Walmart:
My goals for this challenge are to:
- Paint the walls (I bought white paint already but I want to add a “feature” wall)
- Install the wood bead light fixture that didn’t end up going in the laundry room
- Hang some of the photographs and art we have stacked in the closet that we never got around to putting up
- Build or thrift a headboard
- Replace the short curtains
- Figure out a bedside table solution
- Organize the closet (which is currently a disaster)
I don’t have a mood board or inspiration for this room or anything – just a desire to make it pretty without spending a lot of money. But, I do have this photo of the duvet cover (featuring Rosie the kitten) that will eventually be used in this room and is a sort of inspiration.