I’m very excited to share our latest room transformation: Mum’s bedroom. Mum wanted to update her bedroom and asked if I’d be willing to help her make it brighter and better reflect her style. Um – of course I would! Love you mum 🙂
Here’s what her bedroom looked like before:
The finished product?
The new paint colour and the lighter rug immediate made such a huge difference in how bright the room feels.
The drawers on either side of the bed and the chest under the window were both given a new look with paint and new knobs (read all about my adventure with chalk paint here).
Instead of buying a new vanity table for mum to do her makeup we shopped the house and moved in an antique desk that was sitting unused in another room.
There are so many little touches that really make the room like the bedside lamps and full length mirror we found at HomeSense:
And this amazing light fixture from Nuvo Lighting:
The best part? Mum decided to get rid of her old king size bed and get a brand new queen size with a new Endy mattress.
Have you heard of Endy yet? We’ll be talking all about them with a full review in a couple of days (Stay tuned)!
A few shopping trips, three days of painting walls & furniture and two days of moving and we were able to transform this room in a week!
- Wall Paint – Benjamin Moore Regal Select – Custom Colour
- Dresser Chalk Paint – CeCe Caldwell – Dover White Wash & Vermont Slate
- Rug – ecarpetgallery Tibet Area Rug
- Mirror – HomeSense (similar-ish)
- Bedside Lamps – HomeSense (similar)
- Ceiling Light – Nuvo Harlow
- Bed Frame – Ikea Tyssedal
- Mattress – Endy
- Duvet set – Gluckstein Newport Four Piece
- Armchair – HomeSense (similar, similar)
- Vanity Chair – HomeSense (similar)
- Standing Lamp – Ikea Ranarp
- Bookcases – Ikea Billy
- Storage Trunk – Costco (similar)
Linked up at: Thrifty Decor Chick, The Creative Circle, The DIY Collective